Volunteer in Ecuador with Yanapuma!
Yanapuma Foundation is an Ecuadorian NGO that works with indigenous and marginalized communities to promote sustainable development (see left). In addition, we collaborate with over 25 grass-roots organizations and communities in Quito and around Ecuador that need volunteers to help in their development.
Our "Volunteer Ecuador" program is a low-cost program through which we seek to connect willing volunteers with these worthwhile programs and communities, creating a win-win situation for all. We strive to provide volunteers a rewarding and memorable experience in which your talents will be used for real benefit.
We offer placements in the following areas:
• Early childhood education
• Special education
• Teaching (English and other subjects)
• Animal rescue and rehabilitation
• Health care, tradicional medicine and public health
• Environmental sustainability
*if you have another interest or skill set get in touch with a staff member!
Our services include:
• Airport pickup
• Orientation to Ecuador and your particular Project
• Project set-up
• Accompanimient to volunteer site
• Follow-up for the duration of your volunteering to see that everything is working out!
• Spanish classes and Serve-Study Packages through the Yanapuma Spanish School
• “Home base” at the Yanapuma office, where you can meet other volunteers, use Internet and get advice about the best things to do and see in Ecuador
Our Spanish school in Quito and our Volunteer Ecuador registrations provide core funding for our foundation. In order to carry out our projects we seek additional financing and resources from international organizations and funders. Your contribution as a volunteer is a vital and much-appreciated part of our work!
For more information on volunteering in the Amazon, the Andes, the Pacific coast or the Galapagos visit our Volunteer Ecuador information page.
You can also study Spanish and volunteer at the same time in Quito with Yanapuma Spanish School through our Volunteer Quito Package.